Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SatyaPaleti
Creator III
Creator III

How to avoid null values in Qliksense Cumulative Line Chart

Hi Folks,

Can some one please help to fix this Issue. I am using a line chart and we want to show  Monthly Count of Customers in Cumulative

So I have taken Month & Product as Dimensions and Expression is Count (Customers). I am getting below chart

SatyaPaleti_0-1604592745230.png

If we look at June -17 one of the product (red colour) is laying down due to null value but it should not happen. The value should be repeat as 239.

Is there any way to sort out this Issue. I have used below formula but I'am not getting result as expected

Aggr(RangeSum(Above(Count(Cust.No), 0, RowNo())), (Product), (Prod.Date, (NUMERIC, ASCENDING)))

Can some one please help me on this

Thanks and Regards,

Satya

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

For me, IT doesn't make sense If you want to use same. But you can try something like below in case IF you need forcibly

If(Count (Customers)=0, Above(Count (Customers)), Count (Customers))

Or

If(IsNull(Count (Customers), Above(Count (Customers)), Count (Customers))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
SatyaPaleti
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Anil,

Thank you so much for your response on this. For Example I have a Product and count of Production is Increasing Day by Day and My Production starts in Jan 2019 and User want to see the growth of Production since Jan 2019 to November 2020.  In the Month of August 2020 Production is not happened  and we were doing Accumulation even though there is No values It have to show previous Month data. if July has Production Value 238 then August should also show 238 even if there is No August Value Because it's an Accumulation. If you convert line chart in to Table then it will show the same values but in Line chart Values were Missing. So This is the Issue here. Did It Make Sense Now??

Amal
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

hi @Anil_Babu_Samineni and @SatyaPaleti , I am having the same issue. How did you manage to resolve it ? Although, in my case, even though I convert to a table, it doesn't show up.

thanks in advance.

chris_djih
Creator III
Creator III

My short suggestion is better handling of null-values in the script (data modell).
the red line on June-17 os not realy a null value but a zero value -> there was 0 products added.
null would mean: i don't know nothing about June-17.
Try to set the value for June-17 on the red product to zero instead of null in the script.
The chart should work after data is fixed.

If you found help, mark the correct answer and give some likes to ALL contributors, that tried to help.