Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MPkg
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to create a Line Chart formula and Fields in IF statement in Qlik Sense

I need to create a line chart where:

- Dimension is Time (0-10s, step 1s)

- Measure is  Velocity (changes in time).

I have two tables of these two values, in the first table, I have the Time_1 and Velocity_1 fields, and in the second table Time_2 and Velocity_2 fields.

By selecting the value, in a separate table, in the Vehicle field (Vehicle_1 or Vehicle_2) the chart should automatically change.

The problem is that when I include two fields in the chart formula the chart gets in an endless loading state and does not render.

The formula in the chart is:

for Dimension:

if(GetSelectedCount([Vehicle])=1,If([Vehicle]='Vehicle_1',Time_1,If([Vehicle]='Vehicle_2',Time_2,0)))

for Measure:

if(GetSelectedCount([Vehicle])=1,If([Vehicle]='Vehicle_1',Velocity_1,If([Vehicle]='Vehicle_2',Velocity_2,0)))

Note:

The next formula works:

if(GetSelectedCount([Vehicle])=1,If([Vehicle]='Vehicle_1',Velocity_1,If([Vehicle]='Vehicle_2',5,0)))

I tried nonworking formula in Multi KPI like this:

if(GetSelectedCount([Vehicle])=1,If([Vehicle]='Vehicle_1','Velocity_1',If([Vehicle]='Vehicle_2','Velocity_2',0)))

and with strings, everything works nicely, but when I use Fields instead of strings there is a bug.

Labels (1)
11 Replies
MPkg
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Great! Thank you very much!

This expression with minstring is very helpful, I was just looking for something to automatically select the last remaining choice in a field.

To be honest I was making a mistake that I tried to implement set expression in a Dimension, and this did not work. Set expression of course only works with Measures.

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No worries. Note that you can use set analysis in a dimension, but you need to have an aggr in there also, on the same field. So to have only field values starting with A in the dimension of a chart you would have:

aggr(maxstring({1<Dim*={"A*"}>}Dim), Dim)

Just in case the need ever arises! 🙂

Steve