Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get Qlik Sense to recognise Australian States?

I have tried importing an Excel spreadsheet into Qlik Sense Desktop. One of the fields is labelled "State" and contains values for Australian states such as "South Australia", "Victoria", "New South Wales" etc. however Qlik Sense is not recognising this as Geo data even though I loaded it with Data Profiling turned on. It works if I change the field name to "City" and replace the State values with the respective capital cities of each State (e.g. changing "New South Wales" to "Sydney", changing "Victoria" to "Melbourne", etc.), but I want it to display the data by state on a Map chart.

According to this webpage https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Visualizations/Map/load-map-data.h...

Qlik Sense should be able to automatically detect "First-level administrative area names. such as a state or province names" as geographical data, however, for some reason that is not the experience I am having.

I have tried a lot of things, including changing all the State values to their official abbreviations (e.g. "Victoria" to "VIC", "New South Wales" to "NSW") and changing all the State values to capital letters (e.g. "Victoria" to "VICTORIA"). Nothing has worked.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem without using coordinates?

4 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

This should work automatically as an area layer with full state names such as New South Wales etc.

vikasmahajan

You need to download Australian KML file and load into QlikSense , QlikSense will take automatically care of states.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
tejes
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Were you able to solve this issue? If Yes, could you please guide me through

bing_jville
Contributor III
Contributor III

Change the data value from "Victoria" to "Victoria, Australia"