Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmatarini2015
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to hide excluded dimensions from a list box in an ad hoc report

Hi Experts,

I am running with an issue. Need your kind help.

Description:

I have an ad hoc reporting, where user can select any dimension & measure from the list box and they will be added to a pivot charts. I have maintained the Dimension and measure names in two different excel sheets. And created two different islands for each of them in the data model. Now these two tables are not associated with the schema. And created two list boxes out of them in the dashboard for the users. So, that they can select their required dimensions and measures only.

Issue :

Apart from the Dimension & Measure list boxes I have some other list boxes in my dashboard as well. e.g. Region, Quarter, etc.

When I am selecting any particular Region or, Quarter the associated or, possible dimensions should be displayed in the Dimension list box. But here all the dimensions are visible all the time as they are data islands. The excluded dimensions are also not turning grey. So, I am not sure which one is the possible Dimension for a particular Quarter or, Region or, etc.

When I am clicking on any of the excluded dimension, all the data from the chart are disappearing.

Need Help:

I need help to either grey out or remove the Dimensions from the list box which are excluded after selecting any other filter. 

Thanks a ton in advance for your help

Regards,

SKD

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

It might help to see what you have already done and within the context of what you have already done, it will be easier to see what problems you are running into. Would you be able to share a qvw sample for us to look at?

larry_w_
Contributor III
Contributor III

For your dimension and expression island tables, add another column for visibility.

Region     RegionType

North      One

South     One

High Sales     Two

Low Sales     Two

Let's say you have two region types (whatever your visibility depends on): 'One' and 'Two'. Have a variable (CurType) for current region to be set in a trigger (or however you get to the ad hoc page).

Then, the expression becomes:

If(CurType='One'

,If(RegionType = 'One',Aggr(Only({<RegionType={One}>} Region),Region)

,If(RegionType = 'Two',Aggr(Only({<RegionType={Two}>} Region),Region)

)

You can also use an IF statement instead of the Aggr.