Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandeepk218
Contributor
Contributor

How to make one field values independent to select any values and it should not greyed out the other values in other fields.

Hi,

I need to make fields selection independent and not associated with other fields.

EXample - I have name, surname, city.  on data model they are coming from same table so they are associated .

but on filter side, if I select one value from city, then all values from Name and surname should be available to select and vice versa. 

Is there any way to achieve it apart from alternate state.

thank you.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Sandeep,

Alternate States would be the most natural solution to this. Other than that, you could configure your Filter Panes to show all values, disregarding any selections - something like this:

=AGGR(Only({1} City), City)

This formula will always show all Cities, no matter what was selected in other fields. You can make the formula more elaborate if you want to ignore only some of the field selections.

Check out my lecture on Set Analysis and AGGR at the Masters Summit for Qlik - you will learn this and many other advanced development techniques.

sandeepk218
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for your reply. I tried your expression but it is not working. If I select any value in other fields then few Cities are greyed out which I don't want to happen.

Thanks, 
Sandeep

simsa
Contributor III
Contributor III

Create a separate table in load editor:
Table_Filter:
LOAD Distinct Name
Resident Base_Table;