Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RadovanOresky
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

How to mask (omit) certain columns only for some records and not other with Section Access?

Hey, I'm sure somebody already had a similar challenge.

We have standard sales data - owner, account, product, order, quantity, price etc. - and need to setup a bit more complex security:

1. owner should see all details for his accounts and orders (this could be resolved by standard Section Access)
  2. but also, everyone should see all accounts and which products they bought, but without details = no quantities, prices, amounts

Is there any way how to achieve this with Section Access without the need to duplicate data or creating separate app?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Check OMIT in section access

RadovanOresky
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Sorry @tresesco, but you probably didn't read my question properly. The situation is more complex. Using OMIT will disable detail fields for a particular user generally. However, I need him to see those detail fields for some records and not see them for others (where he is not owner).

Visually, it's an L-shaped security.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You mean, for some records some fields (or rest all fields) should be visible but one? If so, it is probably a case of generating null values for those records for that particular field. Something like creating an IF-statement, -

If(IsOwner=1, SensitiveField) as SensitiveField