Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Camille35
Contributor III
Contributor III

How use 1 sheet in 2 applications ?

Hello everyone,

Let me explain my problem:

I have 2 applications with a similar data model, and with some sheets in common. So when I need to make changes on these common sheets, I have to make changes on the 2 applications (change variables or colors ect).

It's not very practical... I can forget to modify in 1 application, and then my figures will be different...

So do you have an idea for this? Have 2 applications but there is only 1 sheet is used in 2 applications?

I've tried putting all the sheets in my 2 applications in 1 new application, and in the other 2 existants applications create a redirect button to the new application with all sheets are saved, but when I do that, users can use the navigation arrows and navigate in the first application...

Labels (1)
2 Replies
samuel898
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello,

Handling shared data across multiple applications can be tricky, but there are a few approaches you can consider. Let’s explore some options:

Consolidate Data in a Single Sheet:
Instead of maintaining separate sheets in each application, consider consolidating the common data into a single sheet. You can then use this shared sheet as the data source for both applications.
Create a new sheet (let’s call it “SharedData”) and copy over the common data from the existing sheets in your two applications.
In each application, point to the “SharedData” sheet as the data source. Any changes made to this sheet will automatically reflect in both applications.
This approach ensures consistency and reduces the risk of forgetting updates.
Use Excel’s Consolidate Feature:
If your data is in Excel, you can use the “Consolidate” feature to combine data from multiple sheets into one. HealthCare gov
Select the cell where you want to pull in the combined data, go to the Data tab, and click Consolidate.
This method allows you to roll up figures from different sheets into a single sheet.
AppSheet Approach:
If you’re using AppSheet, you can add multiple standalone spreadsheet files as AppSheet tables.
Alternatively, create AppSheet tables from different worksheets within the same workbook.
Each dataset used by AppSheet is called a table, and the source can be a single spreadsheet or workbook.
Consider creating a view pointing to the new spreadsheet (worksheet) to display the data in your app.
Remember that the best approach depends on your specific requirements, data volume, and ease of management. Choose the one that aligns with your workflow and minimizes the risk of discrepancies.

Hope this will help you.
Best regards,
samuel898

Camille35
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @samuel898 ,

Thanks a lot for your response. 

I tried the consolidation in a single sheet, but I don't know how point to this new "SharedData". Do you have any qlik link ? Or screenshoot please ? 

Regards,