Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gestion-PSD
Creator II
Creator II

Ignore filters in dimensions

Hi all!

I'd been looking through Community about that but I couldn't find solution to our problem:

• Facts:
    • We've a dimension-only straigh table with 2 columns ('client' and 'Phone').
    • We also have a filter pane with date dimensions ('ThisMonthFlag', ...)
  • Question:
    • What can we do to make 'client' and 'phone' dimensions not no be affected by date filters?
  • Note:
    • There are not measures in the straigh table, so set analysis {<ThisMonthFlag=,...>}  on functions doesn't run.
    • We tryed aggr on dimensions like "=aggr(ONLY({<ThisMonthFlag=>}Phone),Pone)" and dimensions don't ignore ThisMonthFlag selections
    • We also tryed "=IF(ThisMonthFlag=1,Phone,Phone)" without success
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Oh that is true... may be use phone as a dimension and Only({<ThisMonthFlag = , ...>} Client) as your expression

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Add a dummy expression like this Avg({<ThisMonthFlag = , ...>} 1)

Gestion-PSD
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny.

Thanks for oyur reply, but it doesn't an option. 

We can't show any field but 'Client' and 'phone' dimension (design requeriments)

I tryied to add a measure similar to yours and mark it as "Show colum if" = false() (to avoid it visibility) but it doesn't work.

Actually, with the measure visible, it's OK and dimensions aren't affected by filters, but when I hide it, dimensions are affected again.

Regards,

sunny_talwar

Can a client have multiple phones? If not, then may be you can use phones as an expression instead of a dimension?

Gestion-PSD
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi!

"Can a client have multiple phones?" Yes, absolutelly.

Every client has multiple phones, but every phone belongs to one client

sunny_talwar

Oh that is true... may be use phone as a dimension and Only({<ThisMonthFlag = , ...>} Client) as your expression

Gestion-PSD
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny

That's working!

Thanks!