Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mijileee
Partner - Newbie
Partner - Newbie

Incorrect Join in data load editor

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to bring in the gaps for the dimension "Branch". Branch is in a header table while the GL Detail Account Number and Account Desc Category are in a detail table. 

ahp-error.PNG

So, I thought doing a left join into the detail table would resolve this issue but I'm still seeing these gaps.

[GL Detail]:
LOAD
bga_acct_cl                                                                                             as [Account Class Code Key], 
bga_bsc_gl_acct                                                                                   as [GL Detail Account Number],
Pick(left(bga_bsc_gl_acct,1), 'Asset', 'Liability', 'Equity',
IF (left(bga_bsc_gl_acct, 2) < 43, 'Revenue', 'Expense'),'Expense', 'Expense', 'Revenue', 'Expense')
                                                                                                                      as [GL Account Desc Category]
FROM [lib://QVD Files/Extract/GLDetail.qvd]
(qvd);

Left Join([GL Detail])
Load
gld_bsc_gl_acct                                                                                     as [GL Detail Account Number],
left(gld_sacct,3)                                                                                     as [Branch]
FROM [lib://QVD Files/Extract/GLTransactions.qvd]
(qvd);

Any insight or help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

From a quick look it looks to me like there is data missing for areas where the gaps come. hard to know for sure without seeing data.
to test; remove the join statement in your script and check output i.e. you have 2 tables [GL Detail] and BranchDim

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Not sure I quiet understood your requirement. Can you elaborate with some sample data and what your expected output would be. You can try and Inner Join or Just don't use any Join load two tables and let QV joins them based on common key. Check and let us know.
mijileee
Partner - Newbie
Partner - Newbie
Author

Hi,
Unfortunately, the data I'm using is for a client so I cannot post their information due to privacy reasons. The expected output should show "Branch" with "CLA" for every account number.
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

From a quick look it looks to me like there is data missing for areas where the gaps come. hard to know for sure without seeing data.
to test; remove the join statement in your script and check output i.e. you have 2 tables [GL Detail] and BranchDim

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

You do not have to share your original data just try to scramble your data and share if possible. BTW did you try my suggestions to remove the Join and load tables as is and check?
mijileee
Partner - Newbie
Partner - Newbie
Author

Thank you for the help! Your suggestion worked out to help me resolve the issue!