Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evan0211
Creator
Creator

KPI based off of two columns

I am using a KPI that will look at two columns and I am confused on the syntax.

Column 1 - Initial Date

Column 2 - Completed Date

I need a KPI to say if the initial date is in the past (before today) and the completed date is empty, count it for the KPI.

I am new to Qlik and have the following:

=Count({$<[Initial Date] = {"<=$(=timestamp(now()))"} >} [List Title])

That will add up all of the initial dates that are in the past, but how do I condition it to also check the completed date column for an empty (or possibly null, I am not sure how the table handles null values).

4 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@Evan0211  try below

Count({$<[Initial Date] = {"<=$(=timestamp(now()))"} ,[List Title]= E({<[Completed Date]={"*"}>})>} [List Title])

Evan0211
Creator
Creator
Author

That is returning 0, which is not correct.

Kushal_Chawda

@Evan0211  try including primary key column of the table instead of  [List Title] like below

Count({$<[Initial Date] = {"<=$(=timestamp(now()))"} ,Primary_Key_column= E({<[Completed Date]={"*"}>})>} [List Title])

If you are unsure of primary key column then you can simply create it using rowno() like below

LOAD *,

rowno() as Key

FROM table;

then your set analysis would look like below

Count({$<[Initial Date] = {"<=$(=timestamp(now()))"} ,Key= E({<[Completed Date]={"*"}>})>} [List Title])

Evan0211
Creator
Creator
Author

I am unsure where that LOAD* script is located.  I loaded the table from a datastore.  I unfortunately do not have direct access to the data, the store works as a middle man.  To create the table, I pulled in the table chart and then added each dimension from the data tab.  Where can I see the load script that is generated?