Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karthick30
Creator
Creator

KPI values not changing based on filter applications

Hi,

I have users list and Applications list. Total 3 applications. App A , App B , App C..

I have created 3 KPI's and hardcoded App names in set Analysis. like Count({<Application = {'App A'}>}Users) . 3 KPI's showing correct values.

if I choose App B on top filter, other 2 KPI's values not changing. ( I believe since I hardcoded , values are not changing)

Few users has access to 2 Applications and Few users have access to all 3 applications.

Now I have a requirement..if I choose App B in top filter , other 2 KPI's has to show users who are all exists in App B. same way.. if I choose App C in top filter , other 2 KPI's has to show users list who are all exists in App C

Can someone help on this logic

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When you use the equals sign '=' in your Set Analysis filters, it means that you REPLACE user selections with the specified selected values. Based on your request, you want to get the intersection of the User Selections with the specific App. In this case, add an asterisk in front of the equals sign, and you will get the intersection:

Count({<Application *= {'App A'}>}Users)

If you'd like to learn more about advanced Set Analysis, consider attending my session on Set Analysis and AGGR at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming to New Orleans on November 14-16.

Karthick30
Creator
Creator
Author

@Oleg_Troyansky . Thanks for your suggestion. Do you have Video conference to join Remotely.

Also above logic not working for me. i have changed my set analysis like below

Karthick30_0-1665421977380.png

count({<HiDMStatus1 *={'Enabled','Not Assigned'},invalid *={'0'},hostid *={'BLACKLINE'},ETLDate *={'$(vETLtoday)'}>} MetaaccountName)

Hostid is the App Name.  changed the same format to other KPI's as well. When i choose Blackline as host in Top filter. Other KPI's showing 0 as value

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Karthick,

Currently we don't offer a video conference at the Masters Summit, but I will raise the question with the team. Stay tuned.

Regarding the issue with set analysis - you need to review your data structure in order to understand the actual issue. Perhaps you need to use a combination of two P() functions, something like this:

MetaaccountName = P({$}) * P({<hostid ={'BLACKLINE'}>})

This filter will return those account names that exist in both the selected App and the specified App.