Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amithmurali
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Load Excel files from multiple Folders

Dears,

I have a Folder which contains subfolders for each month and inside this sub folder, i have excel files for each day. I need to load all the months excel file into one table and save it into QVD in QlikSense. I tried different articles but not able to achieve it. 

the Sub folder names are Jan 21, Feb 21 etc and inside the subfolder i have xlsx files one for each day. all the excels have same number of columns and sheet names are same in all the excel files. 

Regards,

Amith

Labels (1)
1 Reply
chris_djih
Creator III
Creator III

I haven't time at the moment to give a fully solution, but may this keywords will help you found the solution on your own.
Make a variable (vMonthnames) with all possible month folder names devieded by ',' so you can iterate over then.
Make a nother variable vor the month length. vMonthlenght = 31,28,31,30,...;
using a for Loop (vLoopCounter =1) to (Substringcount($(vMonthnames),',')+1)
within this loop start another loop for vInnerLoopCounter=  1 to subfield(vMonthlenght, ',', vLoopCounter)
your Load statement ...
from ".../$(=Subfield(vMonthnames,',',vLoopCounter))/yourexcelforDay_$(vInnerLoopCounter).xlsx"

If you found help, mark the correct answer and give some likes to ALL contributors, that tried to help.