Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Load, update and store a QVD in Qlik Cloud

G'day all, I have many years experience with QlikView and Qlik Sense on Prem so I have some code that would expect to work in Qlik Cloud but is not behaving as expected.

Here's the steps:

1. Load new rows from a SharePoint CSV file into 'Contact.Latest'
  2. Load previous Contact.QVD into 'Contact' where the id does not exist in 'Contact.Latest'
  3. Append 'Contact.Latest' to 'Contact'
  4. Store 'Contact' to Contact.QVD

All the code appears to work correctly except the store statement. The 'Contact' table contains the correct number of rows, but when we view the updated QVD file, it still contains the old number of rows. Qlik says that the QVD has been updated, but the contents are the same as before.

If we run the app a second time, it also is loading the old number of rows in step 2.

In short - the Store statement is not working. Are there any know quirks of the cloud environment that we need to be aware of? We are loading and storing the QVD from the same Space as the App.

Thanks, Barnaby.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant
Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

G'day All,

Problem solved! Another one of my colleagues found this post. It appears that the problem is that the QVD view page needs to be refreshed independently for each data file.

barnabyd_2-1676264690551.png

barnabyd_1-1676264612231.png

Cheers, Barnaby.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

Can you paste your qlik code to verify once

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

G'day @MayilVahanan, thanks for your response.

I have done a bit of work on this since I posted last week and I discovered it is not related to my incremental code. I have boiled it down to this very simple piece of test code - create a table, store it, add a row and store again:

Table1: load 1 as Col1, 'abc' as Col2 AutoGenerate 1;
// Creating a QVD works fine
store Table1 into [lib://DataFiles/Table1.qvd];
concatenate (Table1) load 2 as Col1, 'def' as Col2 AutoGenerate 1;
// Replacing the QVD is not working
store Table1 into [lib://DataFiles/Table1.qvd];

When the QVD is created the first time, it is fine but if you overwrite, the hub says that it has been updated but the contents have not changed. In short, the 'replace qvd' functionality is not working.

One of my colleagues found a work-around. I had been testing in the Data Load Editor and the Debugger, but it works correctly if reloaded from the hub.

barnabyd_0-1676237517653.png

I think this is a bug in the Data Load Editor. I'd be interest if anyone else has found this problem. I have found this problem on two different Qlik Cloud instances.

Thanks, Barnaby.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant
barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

G'day All,

Problem solved! Another one of my colleagues found this post. It appears that the problem is that the QVD view page needs to be refreshed independently for each data file.

barnabyd_2-1676264690551.png

barnabyd_1-1676264612231.png

Cheers, Barnaby.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant