Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abc_18
Creator II
Creator II

Market share growth company wise

Hi,

I am using below expression to calculate the company wise market share, but the below expression gives me market share for one company, even if I wont select any company from filter.

=Sum(sales)
/
Aggr(Sum({<company_name=>} sales),FYear)

Image.PNG

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You are right,  it calculates the share of the companies in your selection. If you want to force all companies into your denominator you'll have to add the company_name modifier you had in your original aggr function.

=Sum(sales)
/
Sum(total <FYear> {< company_name >} sales)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Try this:

=Sum(sales)
/
Sum(total <FYear> sales)

abc_18
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Vegar,

Thank you.

I tried to implement as suggested by you, its' working fine if I won't select any company then it's giving correct trend for all companies.

only issue I am facing now is in X axis it's giving 0.00% values  if I select any particular company

Image.PNG.

Please suggest, if any changes is required.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

You are right,  it calculates the share of the companies in your selection. If you want to force all companies into your denominator you'll have to add the company_name modifier you had in your original aggr function.

=Sum(sales)
/
Sum(total <FYear> {< company_name >} sales)

johnsmith001
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

To calculate market share by company and account for filtering, consider modifying your expression:

Market Share=Sum(sales)Sum(Total <company_name> sales)

This ensures that the market share is computed based on the selected company while considering the overall sales for all companies. For information on embedded systems companies in India, feel free to ask!