Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McCloudPT
Contributor II
Contributor II

MaxString working on Qlik Sense Desktop and not the Online version

Hello all

I'm currently using MaxString to provide my dashboard of the latest sw version of a specific hardware device with the following code:

MaxString(Aggr(text(maxstring({1<DateDay = {"$(=Max(DateDay))"},Tech={'IPTV'},KPI = {'Check STB Version'}>}[SWVersion])),Tech,DateDay))

The AGGR comes in handy as I collect this version information every hour, and would like to have the latest/top version of the day, reported on the dashboard.

It does work on Qlik Sense Desktop and does not provide any info on the Qlik Sense Online!

What could explain different behaviours on the same solution?!

Best regards

Labels (3)
1 Reply
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I will hazard a guess that this is due to different default date formats between the environments. You are relying on a default conversion inside your set expression. You might want to make it explicit:

MaxString(Aggr(text(maxstring({1<DateDay = {"$(=Date(Max(DateDay)))"},Tech={'IPTV'},KPI = {'Check STB Version'}>}[SWVersion])),Tech,DateDay))

default, or for specific format:

MaxString(Aggr(text(maxstring({1<DateDay = {"$(=Date(Max(DateDay), 'YYYY/MM/DD'))"},Tech={'IPTV'},KPI = {'Check STB Version'}>}[SWVersion])),Tech,DateDay))

You may need to adapt the date format for the correct one for your environment.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein