Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thecbliss
Contributor
Contributor

Missing Dropdown Values

I have a Writeback table with a dropdown column using defined options on a field. But when I go to search for certain values, it cannot find them. However I can see those values in a table using the field that defined the drop down options. 

1st edit

Can someone please confirm if it is true that you can only have 10,000 searchable options in a writeback dropdown?

I had to use the wayback machine to follow the link in Qlik 

Vizlib Help Centre | Vizlib Writeback Table - Input Field Options (archive.org)

2nd Edit

It appears that the only fields available to the dropdown are those fields in the scroll window. If I change how options are sorted, what's locatable by searching changes. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thecbliss
Contributor
Contributor
Author

To solve this I created a filter pane and set the writeback table columns to get the appropriate selected value where options file was set to "getFieldValue(filtered_field#)"  and then the add row button got the expression "if(getpossiblecount(filtered_field1)= 1 and getpossiblecount(filtered_field2)=1 and getpossiblecount(filtered_field3),1,0)" so that the button wasn't available until the fields were filtered. One the button is visible and clicked, it autopopulated the fields to the selected filtered field values.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
thecbliss
Contributor
Contributor
Author

To solve this I created a filter pane and set the writeback table columns to get the appropriate selected value where options file was set to "getFieldValue(filtered_field#)"  and then the add row button got the expression "if(getpossiblecount(filtered_field1)= 1 and getpossiblecount(filtered_field2)=1 and getpossiblecount(filtered_field3),1,0)" so that the button wasn't available until the fields were filtered. One the button is visible and clicked, it autopopulated the fields to the selected filtered field values.