Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDaw2022
Contributor II
Contributor II

Mulitple Conditions within a variable.

Hello, 

I'm looking to complete a variable lock on a dashboard which prevents an end user from navigating away from the information we want to display by removing the option to select other selections. I'm doing this currently with 2 conditions within a variable. All is working as expected but this fails where 3 or more conditions are applied. Could anyone confirm if there is a limit to 2 conditions and if there is any alternative option. 

So, for example =IF([CarMake] ='Ford' AND [CarModel] = 'Focus', 1,0) works correctly

Where I enter =IF([CarMake] ='Ford' AND [CarModel] = 'Focus' AND [EngineSize] = '1.6', 1,0) this fails and defaults me back to the landing page. 

Labels (1)
2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Probably there are limitations like just 99 if-loops could be nested but I'm sure you could connect hundreds of AND / OR before hitting such a restriction. In your case it means that there is no value of '1.6' for the engine size and/or that this values doesn't exists together with the other field + field-value combinations which might be caused from a not suitable data-model.

- Marcus 

GDaw2022
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for the reply @marcus_sommer 

I've managed to resolve this now.