Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User13
Contributor
Contributor

Need help with nested IFs

Hi,

I am trying to filter values based on selection from a drop down list in a way that if employee "B" is selected from dropdown list, table should show employee "B", his supervisor "A" and his direct reportees "C" and "D"

= IF([Supervisor ]='$(=GetFieldSelections(list))' OR [Employee]='$(=GetFieldSelections(list))'
OR [Employee]= (IF([Employee]='$(=GetFieldSelections(list))',[Supervisor ])),[Employee])

This expression is returning employee "B" and his reportees but not his supervisor 

Looks like there is some issue in this part

[Employee]= (IF([Employee]='$(=GetFieldSelections(list))',[Supervisor ]))

Can you please help to resolve this

EmployeeSupervisor
A 
BA
CB
DB
EC

Labels (3)
6 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

Assuming you are building a chart,

this gets you all the subordinates:
= count(DISTINCT {<Employee=, Supervisor={'$(=only(Employee))'}>}Employee)

this gets the supervisor:
= count(DISTINCT {<Employee=p({<Employee={'$(=only(Employee))'}>} Supervisor)>}Employee)

you can of course extrapolate from this using concat, etc..

hope that helps

Kushal_Chawda

@User13  try below

Create variable vEmployees on frond end with below expression

=Concat(distinct chr(39)&Employee&chr(39),',')

Then create below expression. Note that Employee and supervisors  both should present in dimensions

=Count({<Employee+=p({1<Supervisor={$(vEmployees)}>}Employee)>}Employee)

You can also use the set in actual expression. Let's say you have measure as Sum(Salary) then use below

=sum({<Employee+=p({1<Supervisor={$(vEmployees)}>}Employee)>}Salary)

Kushal_Chawda

@User13  use distinct keyword in concat function.. updated expression

User13
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for your reply.

I am working on Org chart and trying to create functionality to search employees by name using dropdown list. I think we have to perform this in dimension field.

Thanks

User13
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Kush,

Thanks for your reply.

I am working on Org chart and trying to create functionality to search employees by name using dropdown list. I think we have to perform this in dimension field.

Thanks

Kushal_Chawda

@User13  As I mentioned , You can add the Dimensions in your chart (Employee & Supervisor) and then  add the measure with set as I mentioned. You can provide filter of Employee to select any value.