Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meenakshi_m
Contributor III
Contributor III

Null values in pivot becuase the dimension values includes new customers every year.

hi,

Appreciate your help on below null issues .

sales made to customers is represented below when doing a pivot.

but since Raj did not exist in 2016 it shows null in pivot and while calculated movement between sales it does not show and movement.

The real data Is huge . 

customers  2016         2017         2018

Meena            100            90             80

raj                                     100

pinky                                                    200

Sonu               200            100          20  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You may try to fetch the NULL with something like: alt(YourExpression), 0). Further in View exists an option to specify how NULL or MISSING values are displayed - means you could set them to '<NULL>' or 0 or anything else - I don't know if a similar option is also in Sense available.

Beside this I would remain by the native behaviour from Qlik and not adjusting the results in any way because it's simple and correct. To show 0 instead of NULL may result in confusion and wrong deductions by the users and it's quite questionable if an adjusted object/report looked really nicer.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What do you meant by movement? Can you describe more?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
meenakshi_m
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi ,

movement here is calculated measure.(difference of  2 selected dates)

so in pivot have dimension of names , dates  measure as sales and then i have calculated measure of difference.

however what is needed is the pivot should show zero for  Raj which is null now as when i am calculating difference (movement) is just shows null.

meenakshi_m
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi attaching the application file

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Afaik, So far my knowledge that's not possible. But let's see If @marcus_sommer can advice workaround.

This is how Qlik Sense will work as per pivot settings..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

You may try to fetch the NULL with something like: alt(YourExpression), 0). Further in View exists an option to specify how NULL or MISSING values are displayed - means you could set them to '<NULL>' or 0 or anything else - I don't know if a similar option is also in Sense available.

Beside this I would remain by the native behaviour from Qlik and not adjusting the results in any way because it's simple and correct. To show 0 instead of NULL may result in confusion and wrong deductions by the users and it's quite questionable if an adjusted object/report looked really nicer.

- Marcus

meenakshi_m
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes .this has worked.thanks