Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cassie_L
Contributor III
Contributor III

Number format in mapping load

Hi, all,

I am using product ID to apply mapping load. Turns out most "Product ID" with only number, like "93040000860" can not find mapping. But I do confirm mapping list have "93040000860".

I try to use Text(Trim(Product ID)) to make sure fact table and mapping table are both test format. But the mapping load with those number only is still fail.

Is there another way to adjust the format of "Product ID"?

#Numberformat #Mappingload

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi 

you can try converting the product ID field to a string format using the Text() 

However, if that doesn't work, you can try adding a leading character to the product ID field to force it to be recognized as a string. For example, you can add an apostrophe before the product ID value in your mapping table, like this:

'93040000860

Then, in your fact table, you can concatenate an apostrophe before the product ID value using the Concatenate() function, like this:

Concatenate('',$ProductID) as ProductID

This will add an apostrophe before the product ID value in your fact table, forcing it to be recognized as a string and allowing it to be matched to the mapping table.

Alternatively, you can try changing the data type of the product ID field in your fact table to a string using the appropriate data conversion function (such as ToString() or Num#()) before performing the mapping load.