Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vamshi_1241
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

ODAG questions

Hi Team,

I have a few questions on ODAG and Dynamic View implementation of the Qliksense enterprise (Feb 2021 version)  -

1. Is there a way to load the QlikView document into the ODAG template app? (Does it support Binary load?)
2. If nothing is selected in the selection app, how does the template app work? Whether it's loaded with all the data? (in case there is no row count limit in the selection app), How about row count without selections?
3. Is section access supported in ODAG and Dynamic views? If so, should it be in the template app or the selection app?
4. While person 'A' is working with ODAG/DV with some selections. How do other people see the data when they open their selection app? Do they see the person 'A's selected data or app reloaded data?

Looking forward for your inputs/suggestions on this. Thanks in advance.

Vamshi
Labels (2)
5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

1) No idea, but should be easy enough to test if you want to try it...  however, it seems to kind of defeat the purpose of ODAG because binary load means you load the entire contents of the file, without applying any filters or limitations.

2) This can work, and it's up to you what exactly happens in this scenario depending on how you coded the template app. If a value isn't selected in the bound field and you passed the selection using e.g. odag_FIELD then it'll just pass all of the possible (white) values.

3) Yes. You can handle it in either app or in both, depending on how you'd like to lay it out. If you apply proper security in the selection app, then in theory the user can't make selections they aren't permitted to see and you aren't required to have a section access in the template app, so I would recommend applying section access to the selection app all the time and the template app if you want to make sure nobody manages to generate (or share) something they aren't supposed to.

4) The selection app behaves similarly to any Qlik Sense app - if two users open it at the same time, they don't see each other's selections. By default, the ODAG generated app will be placed in the user's Work folder, so no other user can see it. However, if you place it in a public space, I'm not sure if any sort of interaction can happen - I think it wouldn't but I Haven't tested it.

vamshi_1241
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Or. One more doubt, do mandatory filter selections work for Dynamic views? When I applied them in the script, Dynamic views kept showing that constraints have exceeded my selections? Any Idea?

Or
MVP
MVP

I think that means that they're working as expected? I don't use Dynamic views much, but my understanding is that this message is what should show up when you have not made the requires selections in the parent app in order to generate the target app.

vamshi_1241
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

let me explain with an example - I have two apps - one is the 'Template' app and the second is the 'Selection' App

I have a binding variable 'Region' ($(odso_Region)) in the script, and I made it a required field to select that in the selection app by adding $(odso_Region)[1] in the script. This means there must be one value selected in the UI for that field.

However, I am seeing an error even though I made a selection in the region field in the selection app. If I remove the condition the objects are working well.

Do you have any idea whether DV supports this mandatory field selection logic?

Or
MVP
MVP

Yes, they do. I have this working in my environment with the newer $odag_ syntax. I haven't tried it with the older $od syntax, though, so that might be the problem.

e.g. this works:

LET vInstance = $(odagn_INSTANCE)[1];