Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prayner
Contributor III
Contributor III

Optimising if statement calculation in data load editor

How can I optimise the performance of this if statement in the data load editor?

table2:
LOAD
if(
(Match(weather_parameter, 'temperature_daily_max') and value > 54.4) or
(Match(weather_parameter, 'temperature_daily_min') and value < -40) or
(Match(weather_parameter, 'temperature_daily_difference') and (value <= 0 OR value > 30)) or
(Match(weather_parameter, 'dewpoint_temperature_daily_mean') and (value < -40 OR value > 50)) or
(Match(weather_parameter, 'relative_humidity_daily_mean') and (value <= 0 OR value > 100)) or
(Match(weather_parameter, 'wind_speed_daily_mean') and (value < 0 OR value > 4300)) or
(Match(weather_parameter, 'precipitation_total_daily_sum') and value > 300) or
(Match(weather_parameter, 'shortwave_radiation_daily_sum') and (value < 1 OR value > 40)),
) AS range_constraint_flag
Resident table_1;

Supposedly it will slow down app performance to use if() and Match() according to the wiki (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Apps/app-performance...). I doubt using set analysis or nested if statements would be faster.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

I think you may have misread that link. If() / Match() should be avoided where possible in sheets, not during the data load, and set analysis isn't available in data load to begin with. I doubt this sort of statement will impact your load time to a significant degree, and there's no reason why it would impact app performance from a user's perspective.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Or
MVP
MVP

I think you may have misread that link. If() / Match() should be avoided where possible in sheets, not during the data load, and set analysis isn't available in data load to begin with. I doubt this sort of statement will impact your load time to a significant degree, and there's no reason why it would impact app performance from a user's perspective.