Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabiopodda
Contributor
Contributor

Org Chart ignoring filters

Hi everyone,

i have the following situations, the Company is described via a table like this one

Business Unit Father Business Unit
Sellers Finance
Suppliers Finance
Finance Company
Company -
Development R&I
Projects R&I
R&I Company

And I also have a table where i describe, for each day, where an employee have worked:

EmployeeID Business Unit Date
xxxxx Development 2023-02-01
yyyyy Suppliers 2023-02-06
zzzzz Sellers 2023-02-04
kkkkk Projects 2023-02-05

The field "Business Unit" links these two tables. It is important to notice that in this example "Finance", "R&I" and "Company" do not have any employee that works on them, since employees only work in 

I have made an org chart using the first table. Everything works like a charm.

The problem is that when i select a specfic Date range, the org chart changes since some of the Business unit are not direclty linked with a specific row in the second table. 

Is there a way to let the org chart "ignoring" the filters made by the date selection allowing all the "Business Unit" appear in the chart?

Thank you very mich

Labels (1)
1 Reply
edwin
Master II
Master II

without understanding what the purpose is of not linking the two visuals, and without more information how each visual interacts with each other you can do the following as a direct answer to the question HOW:

1. if you can add a measure into your org chart, add set analysis ignoring the date selection (and other selections you want to gnore)

2. add alternating states.  if the org has a different state from what you use for filtering then they behave separately.

3. create the org chart as an island table - meaning it does not share any common fields with other tables

hope this gives you an idea that solves your issue