Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jworthulf
Creator
Creator

Pick(Match(ValueList

I'm using Pick(Match(Valuelist to populate a chart using variable.      I have a variable assigned to Delivery_Miles and it's showing a null value in my chart.    If I move the variable to a text object it works.    Looking for a solution.

Pick(Match(Value list chart

jworthulf_0-1670438654311.png

Text Box 

jworthulf_1-1670438682201.png

Variable

$(e_DeliveryMilesRate)   = 

sum({1<Denominator = {'miles'}, Allocated = {0}, JJ_GL_Group = {Delivery}>*
1<Include_AR_Adjustments = P(Include_AR_Adjustments),companyID = P(companyID), WeekBased454.Year = p(WeekBased454.Year), WeekBased454.Month = p(WeekBased454.Month)>}total #GL_Total_Amt)

/

if(Total_Delivery = 1,sum(aggr(sum({1<Include_AR_Adjustments = P(Include_AR_Adjustments),companyID = P(companyID), WeekBased454.Year = p(WeekBased454.Year),
WeekBased454.Month = p(WeekBased454.Month)>}distinct totalMiles),ship_dt)))

Labels (1)
4 Replies
rachel_delany
Creator II
Creator II

Can you wrap the whole variable expression in NUM()

jworthulf
Creator
Creator
Author

Rachel,

Thanks for the response but this is an expression in chart vs a text box and the issue is with the denominator if that helps.

rachel_delany
Creator II
Creator II

Yeah I get that, but if you define the whole variable as num it should display properly. Or just the denominator if that's the issue. It seems like it thinks it's a text object rather than a number.

jworthulf
Creator
Creator
Author

Rachel,

Good morning, I tried wrapping the variable and the denominator as num and unfortunately it didn't fix the issue.