Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matrix123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Previous month year in set analysis is becoming zero

Hello,

I have to select a month and year using the filter and my measure formulas have current month year formula as well as previous month year to the current selection made in the filter.

But as soon as I make the current selection both month and year using filter, my previous month year set analysis is going to zero.

I think this is bcz of the data itself is getting filtered on the current selections ans nothing to show for previous month year formula...

Let me know how to get both current selection month year as well as previous to that selection...I have 2 different formulas for both current and previous.

Thanks 

Matrix

Labels (1)
2 Replies
carlos_molino
Contributor III
Contributor III

This occurs because when filtering by a month/year you are left with only the data set and you do not have the other months/years available to show.
You will have to change the data model so that together with the data of a month you also have those of the previous year linked so that in this way when selecting a month you have those of the previous year related in an additional field or in a table that indicates what it is the value of the month/year before the filter.
Hope this can help you.
Cheers,

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Like mentioned you selections are excluding your data. Easiest way to resolve is to get the set analysis to ignore them. If you Just add the {Month}, {Year} to the set analysis, these selections within fields added will be ignored.