Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ericga
Contributor III
Contributor III

Proper Format for Sheet Action Expression

I cannot get expressions to work in Sheet or Button Actions.  i would like to use an expression to select values over a specific number such as =FieldName>5  when a sheet opens but nothing happens.  Same with the button.  i can type >5 in the search on the filter pane and it works and i can create a  bookmark that works.  This article https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/May2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Sheets/setting-sheet-acti... says it needs to be in single quotes but that doesn't work either.  i can put static values in the expression list and it works when the sheet opens but expressions as i know them are not working. 

This is the same behavior in both Qlik Sense Enterprise and Qlik Cloud

I have attached a qvf with the Actions in the Buttons showing what i am trying to accomplish

What am i doing wrong? Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

Try like this - 

Digvijay_Singh_0-1660266288377.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

Try like this - 

Digvijay_Singh_0-1660266288377.png

Ericga
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ahh ok. Thank You.  So using the action of  "Select values matching search criteria" is key here.  I was trying to equate the Select values in a field to the Select In Field in QlikView.  Now, if i can just get the Date expression to work!

Ericga
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Date Expression worked also! I used  ='=CloseDate>monthstart(addmonths(today(),-12))' and it worked as expected. 

Thanks again Digvijay_Singh