Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VRaducan
Partner - Contributor III

Qlik Sense May 2022 Patch 2 UI Problems

Hi all, we have recently noticed that after upgrading Qlik Sense from an older version (Specifically Febrauary 2021 Patch 10) to the last one May 2022 Patch 2 we are encountering 2 UI Usability issues:

One is that on the QMC Task panel, when the tasks are running all of them hang in "STARTING" state and even though they finish (after reading the Script Logs) there is a quite long time after the tasks change status to "COMPLETED", has anyone else experience this? We've got already 1 or 2 customers complaining about that but also with our internal servers we are noticing this behavior.

The second problem is that, when you access the HUB, all the STREAMS are gone except for 3/4 streams which are showing up. After letting the UI stand by 5 seconds or so, clicking on one of the 2/3 streams visible will make the other ones appear. Bear in mind that this customer has got quite a few streams but nothing exaggerated (There are like 20/30 Streams). If you don't click anywhere on the UI the Streams will stay "Hidden". If you click on the UI prior this 5/10 seconds time span the Streams will not appear. 

We've  tried also with different browsers but looks like the problem is the same.

Has anyone noticed and experienced this kind of behavior? 

Thanks

Vlad

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @VRaducan

For the task status, have you seen this already? 

Tasks in the Qlik Sense Management Console don't update to show the correct status after an upgrade
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Tasks-in-the-Qlik-Sense-Management-Console-don-t-update-to-s...

In regards to the second issue, I would suggest to use the browser developer tools and verify where the time is being invested, but other option could be test from the server and see if you see the same result from there, chances are that there is something in between causing the slowness. 

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm

View solution in original post

Or
MVP
MVP

The latter is also a known issue. See the comments section on this post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-on-Windows-May-2022-Initial-Releas...

Qlik's R&D is aware of this but there's no official word on a pending fix for May 2022.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @VRaducan

For the task status, have you seen this already? 

Tasks in the Qlik Sense Management Console don't update to show the correct status after an upgrade
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Tasks-in-the-Qlik-Sense-Management-Console-don-t-update-to-s...

In regards to the second issue, I would suggest to use the browser developer tools and verify where the time is being invested, but other option could be test from the server and see if you see the same result from there, chances are that there is something in between causing the slowness. 

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Or
MVP
MVP

The latter is also a known issue. See the comments section on this post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-on-Windows-May-2022-Initial-Releas...

Qlik's R&D is aware of this but there's no official word on a pending fix for May 2022.

VRaducan
Author

Hi @NadiaB , the QMC caching rule seems to work. Thanks.

In regards of the second Issue, I've tried also looking at the Dev Tools, but there are no issues on the Console neither on the "Network Side", every response is being received by the Client (Chrome or Firefox) in short amounts of Time, neither error codes on the responses..... But I saw that someone resolved the issue flagging off the Emtpy_STREAM Feature in the capability .json

Thanks I'll have a try!

Vlad

Or
MVP
MVP

I actually just got word via my local Qlik contact that a May 2022 patch for this issue is likely to be released by the end of the month. Fingers crossed...

VRaducan
Author

Due to the urgency of the situation (Big Customer with Production environment that could not be offline for too long) I had to use both of the workarounds. 

P.S. I suggest Patching May 2022 to Patch 3 since the Patch 2 didn't look to promising. 

I've enabled the QMC caching for the task issue, and I've modified all 6 Qlik Sense Nodes disabling the HIDE_EMPTY_STREAMS feature from the capability.json file. 

{"contentHash":"2ae4a99c9f17ab76e1eeb27bc4211874","originalClassName":"FeatureToggle","flag":"HUB_HIDE_EMPTY_STREAMS","enabled":false}

This has resolved the customer issues for the moment Thank you All!