Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanaL
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense: Show all dimension values in a table regardless of selected dim in table

Hi People,

I would like to trigger a display based on a selected dim value in a table.

Actually the selection is not needed for filter, therefore I would like the dims to be displayed.

So the table "imitates" a filter object.

Adding {<Dim=>} to the table expressions didn't help.

Edit:

My table has as a dim measure names which are loaded from a floating table.

When a specific measure is selected, it is also displayed in the next bar chart.

In Qlikview you can place a transparent button on top of the table so the measure is not really selected.

I would like to imitate this functionality in Sense.

So when a measure is selected, I still want the other measure names  to show in the  table.

expressions table.png

Another words, to bypass the "natural" behavior, where only the selected dim is displayed:

selected expression.png

Thanks!

Labels (1)
9 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

i am having difficulty picturing the requirement, others might have the same challenge, if you can post screenshots of what you want to happen againts what you are experiencing - that might explain the ask better

DanaL
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Edwin,

I have edited my post.

Thank you!

edwin
Master II
Master II

i would have asked if youve tried adding the measure field in the modifier to ignore its selection.  but i think its not that simple.  if you have a filter for your measure field and dont want the user to select it from the chart, you can create a duplicate field.  add the duplicate field in the chart and then add the duplicate filed in the set analysis modifier to ignore it.  this means if the user clicks the duplicate field in the chart, the click will be ignored

DanaL
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Edwin,

I've added a field.

After selection, the dim values are displayed as desired, but not the expressions.

I did add to them {<_Dummy=>}

Dummy.png

My  solution is to use a filter with the measure names, and one selected value.

When a measure name is selected, the corresponding name in the table is colored, and the bar chart is updated.

Thanks!

edwin
Master II
Master II

the duplicate field should be just that - a duplicate .  this means it has to be exactly the same as your measure field - they need to have teh same value.  whereever the measure field is, the duplicate should be there.  for example:

where before, your load was:

load 
xxx as Measure,

you should add a duplicate field:

load 
xxx as Measure,
xxx as Dummy,

so you see in the chart, it should behave exactly like your measure field.  and if the user selects it, nothing will happen in the table as you are ignoring it

DanaL
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for your kind help.

I did as you suggested, but I get the same result:

Dummy2.png

edwin
Master II
Master II

this means the expression is not ignoring the selection for Dummy field, add DUmmy= to the expression set analysis

DanaL
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I did that, of course, but it didn't help...

edwin
Master II
Master II

this is what i am talking about, its a simplification of your problem but the idea is there:

edwin_0-1665171038444.png

user selects 4 out of 5 measures, the chart shows the 4 that are selected,  then the user clicks 2 of the measures in the chart.  the chart still shows 4 measures regardless what the user clicks on the chart.  of course i changed the label for the dummy field to Measure.  here is my code:

edwin_1-1665171145248.png

as i said, just duplicate measure