Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KiruthikaA
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense container performance improvement

Hi all,

I have built my Qliksense application and I am now looking at ways to improve performance.  I have eliminated some of the obvious things but wanted to know whether placing all my list box objects into a container and hiding the container when a user enters the page, would enhance the end-user experience

At the moment, it would take a while to load the page, and wondered whether my suggestion above could potentially improve this?

Kind Regards

Kiruthika

1 Reply
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

List boxes shouldn't have much impact on performance at all. Typically in Qlik Sense, unlike QlikView, designers use less Filters (list boxes) on the actual screens and they take advantage of the Selections panel which will let you users see all field values. 

Dalton_Ruer_0-1620906236866.png

Or they use the Search bar to type in values. Those combined means that screen space only needs taken up by a few super common filters for things like Year, Country etc that nearly all users would use. 

My best performance tips are:

1. Any complicated expressions that involve CPU should be done in the Load Script, not the charts, if possible. I've seen customer applications with 85 rows of nested if conditions in chart expressions where they were displaying hundreds of thousands of rows. By simply moving the expression to the load script their application started flying. 

2. Limit the rows of data shown. Nearly all applications have a table object which contains details. Users need to see that detail like a baby needs a blanket to feel safe. But you can limit the rows shown by adding a conditional statement so that it only shows the detailed fields when there will be less than 10 thousand rows or whatever is reasonable for the volume of detail. While the user needs to see details, the fact is they can't scroll through hundreds of thousands of rows to see the values anyway. So save a ton of time and not show it until they have made some selections.

3. Create numeric flags in the load script that allow you to do math based aggregates instead of using IF clauses. For instance "Sum(If (mydate is in this year, myvalue, 0)" can become a flag in the data for "InYTD" with a 1 or 0 value, and you can simply say "Sum(InYTD * Value)" 

4. Consider downloading and utilizing the Qlik Sense Document Analyzer application. https://qlikviewcookbook.com/2019/02/qlik-sense-document-analyzer-v1-5/  or the professional version https://easyqlik.com/qsda/ You simply configure it to look at your QVF's and it tells you where your problems are.