Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJZ
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

RangeSum in loading script

Hello!

I have an issue when trying to calculate the cumulative value over a period of time and can't find an answer in the community.
I want to sum up the value for each month and need it to group by MonthStartDate, company name, account code and costing code. 

For example, if MonthStartDate = 2016-12-01, Company A, Account = 1, Costing Code = X have amount 100.
For the next month, 2017-01-01 the amount is 150 for the same company, etc., I would like to have the value 250. 
As of now it returns 100 and then 150. 

When using 
(Sum(Aggr( Rangesum(Above(Sum(SUM_AmountEUR),0,RowNo())), (ReferenceDate1, (Numeric, Ascending))))) 
in a table it works perfectly, but I need it in the script.

What I do is I create zeroes for the months not containing any data, as I need it for every month, and then I sum the amount. Thereafter, I use the RangeSum-function and order by MonthStartDate, company name, account code and costing code

In the rangesum-function I have also tried do add the sum-function and group by once more but it does not work. 
What am I missing?

Here is the code I'm trying to get to work

LET vStartDate = Num('2016-12-01');
LET vEndDate = Num(today());

temp_OpeningBalance:
LOAD
MonthStart($(vStartDate), IterNo()-1) as Date,
'0' AS Amount
AutoGenerate 1
While MonthStart($(vStartDate), IterNo()-1) <= $(vEndDate);

Join (temp_OpeningBalance)
Load Distinct
CompanyName,
Account,
CostingCode
Resident Fact;

temp_OpeningBalance:
Concatenate(temp_OpeningBalance)
Load
MonthStart(Date) AS MonthStartDate,
CompanyName,
Account,
CostingCode2,
SUM(Amount) AS SUM_Amount
Resident Fact
Group By MonthStartDate, CompanyName, Account, CostingCode;

OpeningBalance:
Load
MonthStartDate,
CompanyName,
Account,
CostingCode,
SUM_Amount,
if(Account = previous(Account) and CompanyName = previous(CompanyName) and CostingCode = previous(CostingCode) and Date = previous(Date),
RangeSum(SUM_Amount, peek('OB_Amount')), SUM_Amount) as OB_Amount
Resident temp_OpeningBalance
ORDER BY MonthStartDate, CompanyName, Account, CostingCode;

Labels (1)
2 Replies
udit_k
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

use previous function instead of  Peek.

if(Account = previous(Account) and CompanyName = previous(CompanyName) and CostingCode = previous(CostingCode) and Date = previous(Date),
(SUM_Amount+Previous(SUM_Amount) ), SUM_Amount) as OB_Amount
AJZ
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the quick reply. 

However, this does not work. It just returns the same value as in the field SUM_Amount when selecting AccountCode and missing a lot of data when selecting other fields as well. 

I need to sum up all preceeding months and this would just return the current + last value
?