Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wcoleman0908
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

RangeSum using RowNo is not resetting in a table as the dimension changes

Were trying to calculate hours accumulated across the Fiscal_QTR field.

When the Fiscal_QTR field changes, the hours needs to reset and start accumulating again. The image on the left is what is returning from the line of code below.

RangeSum(above(Sum(Hours Amount]),0,RowNo()))

The line on the right is what I expected, to restart from 1 as the Fiscal_QTR changes.

The ultimate goal is to add up cumulative hours  restarting as the Fiscal_QTR field changes. Below I'm showing a table as an example but ideally I want to visualize as a Qlik Sense line chart that shows across Fiscal_QTR's.

wcoleman0908_5-1712940929513.png

Any help is appreciated.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

If i understand correctly, You want to repeat the sequence based on Fiscal QTR. 

1. Why can't be Right([Fiscal QTR], 1) // this is simplest solution.

2. You can create a field like

AutoNumber([Fiscal QTR], IterNo())

etc.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

If i understand correctly, You want to repeat the sequence based on Fiscal QTR. 

1. Why can't be Right([Fiscal QTR], 1) // this is simplest solution.

2. You can create a field like

AutoNumber([Fiscal QTR], IterNo())

etc.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

Within a table you may add the year as dimension but I assume in a line-chart it won't lead to the wanted visualization. But the second/third parameter of the above could be expressions / references and therefore the years and quarters could be queried. You may approach the needed above() values by just querying the years/quarters in parallel expressions.