Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rizkallahelio
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Reading Data from Qlik Sense via API

hello all,

I would like to ask if there is any way that we can read data from Qlik sense into another Software via an API ?

For example, if i have a tool that helps me to do a predictive analysis on data contained in a specific object that i already created in Qlik Sense, so i only need to read the data aggregated in this specific object.

It could be done on the fly via API ? and how ?

Thank you,

Elio

3 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That is exactly what the Advanced Analytics Integration (and connector) is providing. It is using the SSE Server Side Extension protocol that use gRPC as transport to communicate with another server/service locally or over the network.

Introducing Qlik Advanced Analytics Integration

An Advanced Analytics Integration Timeline

It even has it's own dedicated space:

Advanced Analytics Integration

Sample source code that shows how to create your own AAI connector is also hosted on Github for multiple languages:

https://github.com/qlik-oss/server-side-extension

rizkallahelio
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your reply,

I've already worked with the AAI using SSE in R, and everything works fine.

Now im trying to do some analytics in Alteryx, i need to read data from Qlik and analyse it in Alteryx on the fly.

Is your solution still valid for alteryx also ? if so please mention me what to do in Qlik side to be able to send it to alteryx.

Regards,

Elio

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Wll the AAI using SSE can be done in a several languages. Not only C# with .NET that is being used in the example to connect to R. I have only very basic knowledge about Alteryx but I see that Alteryx SDK is using C# and that is exactly what is being used with .NET to implement the R connector for AAI - the source code is available on Github as you have seen.

Python, Java, Go, C++ are also options. You can even use the basic SSE protocol which use gRPC as long as your language or tool supports the technologies that the SSE protocol requires.

One other option could be ODBC via what IPC Global offers as a inProcess ODBC driver for Qlik.