Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohanraj94
Contributor III
Contributor III

Refresh Button for Direct Query in Qliksense

Hi All,

I am using Direct query in Qliksense app. I have created a view where it has multiple filters. Each time user make the selections it starts updating the data for the view. Then we have to wait till data to be updated to make another selection in different filter. 

Is there any option to provide the 'Refresh' button. So, user can make all his selection and he can click on Refresh button to update the view.

I have a tight deadline to complete the app. Any help/suggestions are much appreciated

5 Replies
joaopaulo_delco
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @mohanraj94 !

You can use the standar button object and use the Reload Action.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
mohanraj94
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @joaopaulo_delco ,

Thanks for your reply

Sorry. If I am mistaken. The Reload action is not available under action items in Button also I am not sure whether it will help me to achieve the solution.

Even if we can get  'Apply' option like we have in tableau for each filter it will be good. Because with the direct discovery for each selection under one filter. It running the code separately.

For example If we make selection A,B,C under region filter. First it is running for

1. where region='A' then
  2. where region in (A,B) and then
  3. where region in  (A,B,C)

So instead of running only the 3rd statement it was running all the three statements

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is simple to do in QlikView, a bit harder in Qlik Sense.  For reference, here is the QlikView solution:

Qlikview Cookbook: Defer Selections Until Apply https://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/defer-selections-until-apply/

The process is to let user make selections in an Alternate state, and then when they click the "Apply" button, copy those selections to the Default or target chart state.  Easy in QV, because there is a "Copy State" button action. 

QS does not have (to my knowledge) a Copy State action.  You could write an extension button to do just that. If you don't want to create an extension, here's how you could do it with the native button.

1. Make a filterpane in an Alternate State. 

2. Make an "Apply" button that has an "select in field" action for every field of interest, using an expression referencing the alt state field as input. (I don't have time at the moment to write that, but I'm sure it's possible ;))

-Rob

mohanraj94
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your reply. I will try it out

ca386807
Contributor II
Contributor II

Did the suggested solution work? Alternate state filter?