Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SK111
Contributor II
Contributor II

Regarding Metrics as rows in QlikSense

Hello Friends,

Appreciate your time. We have a requirement having metrics in rows something like below image

SK111_3-1681412265035.png

The app is reduced by section access for each trader, There is a chart similar to it currently in excel we are now converting it using QlikSense, Appreciate your feedback!

Thank you!

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

@SK111  Create a table with below Dimension and measure

Dimension:
=ValueList('Trader -A Sales','Sales%','Cat Sales','Cat Sales%','Order Sales','Order Sales%')

Measure: (Total)
=pick(match(ValueList('Trader -A Sales','Sales%','Cat Sales','Cat Sales%','Order Sales','Order Sales%'),
'Trader -A Sales','Sales%','Cat Sales','Cat Sales%','Order Sales','Order Sales%'),
Trader -A Sales- Total Expression,
Sales%-Total Expression,
Cat Sales- Total Expression,
Cat Sales%- Total Expression,
Order Sales- Total Expression,
Order Sales%- Total Expression)

Measure: (Regular)
=pick(match(ValueList('Trader -A Sales','Sales%','Cat Sales','Cat Sales%','Order Sales','Order Sales%'),
'Trader -A Sales','Sales%','Cat Sales','Cat Sales%','Order Sales','Order Sales%'),
Trader -A Sales- Regular Expression,
Sales%-Regular Expression,
Cat Sales- Regular Expression,
Cat Sales%- Regular Expression,
Order Sales- Regular Expression,
Order Sales%- Regular Expression)

View solution in original post

Kushal_Chawda

@SK111  with pick match approach also you can do background colour and arrows. I have never used vizlib extensions in any of my project  due to restrictions . If it is easy to implement using extension you should try it out, but extension also have performance impact because it has overhead of loading into browser whenever it is referenced. I always prefer using native object unless it is not all possible to achieve any requirement.  You can note performance using both the options and then go with best approach.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
brunobertels
Master
Master

for Example in straight table

create a calculated dimension with value list 

for example : 

=ValueList('metric1','metric2','metric3')

then add mesure like this

if(
ValueList('metric1','metric2','metric3') = 'metric1' ,
MesureMetric1,

if(
ValueList('metric1','metric2','metric3') = 'metric2' ,
MesureMetric2,

if(
ValueList('metric1','metric2','metric3') = 'metric3' ,
MesureMetric3,

)))

repeat the same for next colomn regular etc 

Hope it helps 

SK111
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your reply.  Below is how I tried.

dimesion: =valuelist('non_regular','regular','total')

expression:

If(Valuelist('non_regular','regular','total')='non_regular', sum([total sales non regular]),

If(Valuelist('non_regular','regular','total')='regular', (sum([total sales regular]),

If(Valuelist('non_regular','regular','total')='total', sum([total sales]))))

This renders the first row and I could get some thing like below using pivot table

SK111_0-1681480887778.png

I am looking for a way to get the rest of the metrics rows like sales %,cat sales and so on.,

the below ones

SK111_1-1681480927946.png

Thank you!

Kushal_Chawda

@SK111  Create a table with below Dimension and measure

Dimension:
=ValueList('Trader -A Sales','Sales%','Cat Sales','Cat Sales%','Order Sales','Order Sales%')

Measure: (Total)
Trader -A Sales- Total Expression,
Sales%-Total Expression,
Cat Sales- Total Expression,
Cat Sales%- Total Expression,
Order Sales- Total Expression,
Order Sales%- Total Expression)

Measure: (Regular)
Trader -A Sales- Regular Expression,
Sales%-Regular Expression,
Cat Sales- Regular Expression,
Cat Sales%- Regular Expression,
Order Sales- Regular Expression,
Order Sales%- Regular Expression)

SK111
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Great!, it worked:)

thanks a lot!

SK111
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

If I replace it with a Vizlib KPI Designer , will it be good with respect to performance vs the above solution.

The above one has pick and match , since all the metric calculations are in fly, will that be another good option to consider KPI.

Also, the metric Sales % should have a background color based on the metric values

the metric Order Sales should have an up or a down arrow based on the metrics values

So overall looks like KPI Designer is another good solution too.,

Could you kindly have your thoughts.

Thank you!

Kushal_Chawda

@SK111  with pick match approach also you can do background colour and arrows. I have never used vizlib extensions in any of my project  due to restrictions . If it is easy to implement using extension you should try it out, but extension also have performance impact because it has overhead of loading into browser whenever it is referenced. I always prefer using native object unless it is not all possible to achieve any requirement.  You can note performance using both the options and then go with best approach.

SK111
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

sounds good, let me play more into it and choose the best .,appreciate it! Thank you!