Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leo88
Contributor
Contributor

Replacing field or table content

Hey guys,
I would like you to help me with a script. I need to create a column by replacing the textual content from another existing column, for example:

Coke 2L ---> 2L
Sugar 1KG ---> 1KG
Flour 5KG ---> 5KG
Can you guide me how to implement this? I believe I have to replace the letters until I get the goal, but I don't know how to start. Thanks.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You could try to use subfield() for this.

Subfield ([YourStringField], ' ', -1)  

leo88
Contributor
Contributor
Author

ok, but sometimes the field content can be complex or open, and I still want to extract the unit correctly.

I think of creating a routine that can read a part of the content and transform it into what I want, for example:
Coke (2 L) or Coke (2 L)iters ---> 2L Sugar (5 KG) or Sugar (5 K)ilos ---> 5KG thanks
leo88
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Guys, 

I am trying to use the replace function, but I realized that Qlikview can implement it just 100 times (ie. Replace(Replace( text, 'A', 'a'), 'B', 'b')....., 'ZZZ', 'zzz'). I need to use more than 200 replaces, can somebody tell me a way to do it?Thanks

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Take a look at the MapSubstring() function. It might be a good fit for your scenario.