Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alopez
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access for Specific Users Only

I am trying to do section access for only a specific user but all other users with access to the app I would like to grant full access. Is there a simple way of doing this without managing users in two places?

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

11 Replies
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if this is really expedient because granting an app-access and applying a vertical/horizontal data-control against the data-set are different things and should it be - as parts of a chain of security measurements. Mixing them will rather increase the complexity and any risks and not leading to less work or an easy workflow.

In many scenarios the use of a section access don't need much management efforts because by using (nested) user-groups instead of single users it's not needed to specify each one explicitly - respectively the work is outsourced to the IT / HR department or whatever management-level should be responsible. Such approach may not need any extra work else the users could inherit the rights from their team/department from the company start and by any moving within the company to their deactivation by ending the job.

alopez
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That's true, Marcus. I don't have groups enabled, but a good idea to add.