Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikyBobby
Contributor II
Contributor II

Set items on a drop down based on selected item in another drop down

I am somewhat new to Qlik...

Currently we are setting a list of [Sales Team] to select from in a drop down with:

=aggr(only({1<[Sales Team] -={ 'House',  'Institutional',  'Not Applicable', 'Unknown'}>}[Sales Team]),[Sales Team])

This works and allows us to remove a few unwanted [Sales Team].

But what I need to do now is to filter this list further by only displaying [Sales Team] that belong to a [Sales Manager] that is selected in another drop down.

Was trying to do something like this but it is not working

=if([Sales Manager] = 'Sales Manager 1',
  aggr(only({1<[Sales Manager] = 'Sales Manager 1',  [Sales Team] -={ 'House',  'Institutional',  'Not Applicable', 'Unknown' }>} [Sales Manager], [Sales Team]), [Sales Team])
, aggr(only({1<[Sales Manager] ='Sales Manager 2', [Sales Team] -={'House',  'Institutional',  'Not Applicable', 'Unknown' }>} [Sales Manager], [Sales Team]), [Sales Team])
)

thank you

I wanna Qlik fast
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I Just see a syntax error within the calculation because the sales manager isn't added to the aggr-dimensionlist else to the only() - therefore ty it with:

aggr(only({1<[Sales Manager] = {'Sales Manager 1'},  [Sales Team] -={ 'House',  'Institutional',  'Not Applicable', 'Unknown' }>}  [Sales Team]), [Sales Team], [Sales Manager])

whereby it will depend on your datamodel if you need the sales manager (or maybe any other dimension) within the dimensionlist.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Try it with:

aggr(only({1<[Sales Manager] = {'Sales Manager 1'},  [Sales Team] -={ 'House',  'Institutional',  'Not Applicable', 'Unknown' }>} [Sales Manager], [Sales Team]), [Sales Team])

- Marcus

QlikyBobby
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Marcus...

I added the {} around {'Sales Manager 1'}, that was probably part of the problem but it's still giving an empty list for the dropdown

Stephen

I wanna Qlik fast
marcus_sommer

I Just see a syntax error within the calculation because the sales manager isn't added to the aggr-dimensionlist else to the only() - therefore ty it with:

aggr(only({1<[Sales Manager] = {'Sales Manager 1'},  [Sales Team] -={ 'House',  'Institutional',  'Not Applicable', 'Unknown' }>}  [Sales Team]), [Sales Team], [Sales Manager])

whereby it will depend on your datamodel if you need the sales manager (or maybe any other dimension) within the dimensionlist.

- Marcus

QlikyBobby
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Marcus for the expression explanation, it works!  I am still trying to wrap my head around the expression formats.

Stephen

I wanna Qlik fast