Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charlie03
Contributor II
Contributor II

Shade / fill with colour area between two lines in line chart

Hi,

I'm trying to visualise a time series (sales per day) with a line chart. In this chart, I also have 3 additional lines: predicted sales, upper confidence interval of the predicted sales and lower CI. 

So far i have plotted the four measures with lines. I would like however to paint the area between the upper and lower CI. Is there any way to fill in an area between two lines in a line chart?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
2 Replies
therealdees
Creator III
Creator III

You can switch from "line" to "area" under "Appearances"

therealdees_0-1703019298512.png

Daniel_Pilla
Employee
Employee

Hi @charlie03 ,

If you just want to shade the areas of the forecast, you can "hack" the line chart a bit to do this. You will need to use extra layers to color the lower bounds white of which you do not want shaded, and then stack on other layers for which you do want colored, subtracting from the others. It would take a while to explain what each layer does, so I've provided an example you can take a look at as well as a screenshot.

Also, it is worth mentioning that in Qlik Cloud, we have built in forecasting that does visualize like this. So this only applies for custom forecasting.

Maybe @Patric_Nordstrom has come up with something else!
shade between.png

Cheers,