Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Single Integration API - Passing a search expression for selection

Hi,

In my web application I am using iFrames with calls to the single integration API, passing values to select one or more fields, e.g.:

https://myserver/infaflow/single?appid=myappid&sheet=mysheetid&opt=currsel&select=TagID,2

This selects a single field value in a filter pane in the sheet. All well and good. However, you can select a range of values in a filter pane by entering a search expression, such as:

=TagID>146

My first question is, how can you pass this via the single integration API, for example:

https://myserver/infaflow/single?appid=myappid&sheet=mysheetid&opt=currsel&select=TagID,=TagID>146

The above URL doesn't work and I've tried many variations with no success.

My second question is, if it is possible then could it be extended to pass a timestamp range, such as:

=TaskStartTTimestamp>Timestamp#('31-01-2017 17:55:00','DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss')

My third question is, are there any plans to pass variable values via the API instead of field values? This would solve the problem at a stroke, as the variables could be used in the sheet objects to alter the selected data.

Thanks for any advice or shared experiences.

Cheers,

Lee

2 Replies
piersbatchelor_vl
Partner - Contributor III

Did you find a workaround for this issue?

mk_kmx

Anyone some updates or hints on this?

According to Integration API documentation App Integration API ‒ Qlik Sense for developers

For selections containing numeric values and search terms, the text representation should be added within square brackets, as in [value1].

However, I could not manage to make it work. I tried:

• /select/FieldName/1 => worked, but this is not a search expression
  • /select/FieldName/[1] => worked, same as above
  • /select/FieldName/[>1] => did not work
    mk_kmx_0-1625239253319.png
  • /select/FieldName/[">1"] => did not work, same error message
  • /select/FieldName/">1" => did not work, same error message
  • /select/FieldName/>1 => did not work, no error message (expected)
  • /select/FieldName/{>1} => did not work, no error message

Example is pretty straightforward, but finally I'd need to use slightly more complicated search expression