cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonb2013
Creator
Creator

Synchronizing 2 field filters

In simple terms, on my 'home' tab,  I want users to select from one of two list boxes :

• [Data Number] or
  • [Date Value]

For subsequent sheets, I am utilizing function : GetFieldSelections(<field>)

As I am offering the user 2 fields to select from, I am having to constantly reference both fields, which leads to lots of if/and/or/but scenarios - complicating set analysis much more than it needs to be.

So, I am looking for a way to consolidate the users selections back into 1 field.

Example (using table below) :

If a user selects [Date number] 2, then both [Date Value] '02/01/2017'  AND '13/02/2017'  need to become 'Selected'

I am thinking that this can be done via triggers, but not quite worked out the method as of yet !

Any tips welcome

CategoryDate ValueDate Number
A01/01/20171
A02/01/20172
A03/01/20173
B01/01/20171
B13/02/20172
B13/03/2017

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you load your table as a logical table in Qlik rather than a se of disconnected fields, there is nothing special needed.  When you select Date Number = 2, the corresponding values of the Date Value become "possible"  (indirectly selected,if you wish).
(Not clear from your description why you need GetFieldSelections(), if you have a reasonable data model.)

simonb2013
Creator
Creator
Author

.. because I want to isolate values from those selected  :

v1 = SubField(GetFieldSelections([Data Value], ';', 12 ),';',1)

v2 = SubField(GetFieldSelections([Data Value], ';', 12 ),';',2)

If there is a way to do this with 'possible' values, then I am happy with that, but could not see one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see from your example that you want to create two variables containing Date Value, first and second, and there are always two(?).  There are other ways, for example:

v1 = date(min([Date Value]))

v2 = date(min([Date Value],2))

Or

v1 = date(FirstSortedValue([Date Value],[Date Value],1))

v2 = date(FirstSortedValue([Date Value],[Date Value],2))

You maybe need some conditions in case both dates are the same.

simonb2013
Creator
Creator
Author

Ok, so this looks interesting.

No, not always 2, could be up to 6 different values (I'm limiting to 6 on 'reasonable grounds')

'FirstSortedValue' with the rank argument might do the trick.

I'll defo mark as helpful, will come back after a play for more feedback