Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeroenHoltrop
Contributor III
Contributor III

Table filter possibility

Hi,

I have an issue which I do not know how to solve. Normally I make filters based on dimensions, where I filter out the null values and my table  is exactly as I want. However, with my current table only has measures, so this method is not possible. I however need a way to only show the last 2 lines in my below screenshot, so only the latest dates in the below screenshot. Does anyone know how to do this?  

JeroenHoltrop_0-1639730790928.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Jeroen,

I hope I understand your question you can use set analysis for this: 

For example:
Sum([Total Paid Commission])

Transfer it to:

Sum({<Comission approval date={"$(=Maxstring(Comission approval date))"}>}[Total Paid Commission])

View solution in original post

11 Replies
JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Jeroen,

I hope I understand your question you can use set analysis for this: 

For example:
Sum([Total Paid Commission])

Transfer it to:

Sum({<Comission approval date={"$(=Maxstring(Comission approval date))"}>}[Total Paid Commission])

JeroenHoltrop
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Aha, indeed, this is a different approach that I did before, this means that on all columns this condition should be built in. I will try to do this and let you know the outcome. 

Thanks for your suggestion, this is really appreciated

JeroenHoltrop
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Perfect, this is the solution for my issue, thank you very much. Enjoy your weekend!

JeroenHoltrop
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I have an additional challenge,  which I thought I should be ablt to handle myself, but it seems that Qlik and I do not speak the same language here :).  I have multiple "names" (first column in the screenshot), which all have different maxstrings, but I need to show this data for all the names, and the maxstrings then per name. 

Any idea how that should be achieved? 

Thanks a lot

JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

i have an idea;

you have to put the column name into the formula with an =. like this:

Sum({<COLUMNAME=,Comission approval date={"$(=Maxstring(Comission approval date))"}>}[Total Paid Commission])

Otherwise; send me an excel file of your data with your columnames and dummy data, i will do the work for you;) 

JeroenHoltrop
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried it on all possible ways I could think of, but I kept on getting only the lines with the highest approval date. I made an export of the data and left only 5 names with different approval dates in it. 

I hope with this you are able to find Columbus'egg for me 🙂 

Thank you very much

JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

Jeroen,

sorry for my late reaction:

if you put in this for the different measures:

=sum([Total Paid Commission]*if([Commission approval date]=aggr(nodistinct maxstring([Commission approval date]), [Broker name],Energiesoort),1,0))

And supress zero values in the tabel it will be everything you need.

Let me know!

JeroenHoltrop
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dont worry about your late response, I am very happy that you take the time to try to help me! 

I didn't try this yet (maintenance issue with our Qlik environment), but already a question, how will I be able to suppress the zero values in a table, is that a table setting or something? I searched for this before but could not find this setting with measures in the table. 

JHuis
Creator III
Creator III

Jeroen,

my qliksense is in dutch, but you have to supress zero values in the edit mode from the table. 

JHuis_0-1640244087174.png