Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erictanzh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Top 3 Clients Summary with Tiered Sorting in Straight or Pivot Table

Hi all,

I'm attempting to plot a table visualization to display the top clients based on their latest month of summed volumes across countries as first tier of sorting. The second layer of sorting will require the summation of the last 3 months worth of data by client. 

A simple use case based on the mock data file of the intention is as of below.

erictanzh_0-1644919026736.png

PS - My data is meant to grow and will continue to expand, and the main idea is to let the visual auto derive the previous 3 months data.

3 Replies
chris_djih
Creator III
Creator III

the answer in short is: use Rank and some Set-Expressions.
Depending on your experience level, i will try to elaborate on this more in detail when i find some time.
but may this hint already satisfies your needs.

If you found help, mark the correct answer and give some likes to ALL contributors, that tried to help.
chris_djih
Creator III
Creator III

See attached file for the solution.
I have taken the liberty to create a few additional fields for more conveniance:
grafik.png

If you found help, mark the correct answer and give some likes to ALL contributors, that tried to help.
erictanzh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Chris_djih - you are a rock star.

I had success with the first column total using 'Rank', it's the second tier totals which is giving me the problems. I'm still awaiting my IT admin to approve the QVF for viewing. I'll comment and share my observations once I get to view your solution.