Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jorghino75
Contributor
Contributor

Transpose a table with 2 filters

Hi all

I  successfully worked on a transposed table using this link

https://qlikviewcookbook.com/2010/05/use-cases-for-generic-load/ thanks to your help.

I have now another problem since I need to add another filter. I tried mapping the same field using again the ApplyMap function before running the generic load function.

Basically, I followed these steps

• Load filter 1 
    Jorghino75_1-1712304059764.png
  • Load filter 2
  • Jorghino75_3-1712304088677.png

• Load source file
  • Jorghino75_5-1712304121529.png

• Map source file (resident) with filter 1
  • Map source file (resident) with filter 2
  • Sum the hours
  • Use the generic load & then the routing to put all the tables in one.

However, this doesn't seem to be working.as I'm not getting all the record combination (ID+Date)

I'm looking to have a model like this table where the total of Hours gets calculated for each filter 1 and each filter 2 field.

I'm attaching a sample file with data.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
edwin
Master II
Master II

youre not articluating what the business rules are, for filter2 there are some cases where there are multiple matches.  is there a relationship between the 1st and 2nd filter, for example this one:

edwin_0-1712950864686.png

for the first line, Num had a match - ALOB, but 2nd didnt have a match (MB) so it appears to NOT be a valid line item.  however, 2nd line has a match for Num but multiple matches for Code - does that mean if 1st and 2nd filter dont result in a match dont use, if  2nd filter has multiple matches use 1st match, if 2nd filter has only 1 match use 2nd filter?  what are the bsuiness rules?