cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ratier
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unwanted automatic filters when you open an App

I have a Dashboard in Qlik Sense with a set of folders A and a set of folders B. Folders A are public dashboards, made for users to freely use, and B are replicas of A, but more summarized, made to fit into Qlik Sense Stories mode and look better when exporting the Story to PDF.

My database ranges from January 2023 to January 2024, and I have a filter panel for the Month field and another for the Year field. This way, the user can select what they want to see, and if nothing is filtered, it displays an accumulation of the database.

When I filter, for example, August 2023, all charts and folders, whether from set A or set B, obey the applied filter. However, when I enter Story mode, which contains all the real-time data folders from set B, the filter I applied automatically reverts from August 2023 to January 2024. It's as if the narrative considers January 2024 as the default setting.

The problem is that I never programmed filters to auto-apply. The most I have is the Set Analysis below in some of the dimensions, but not all, and even then, the Story I assembled doesn't use any chart containing this line of code:

Year={$(=If(IsNull(GetFieldSelections(Year)),Max(Year),GetFieldSelections(Year)))}

I would like to be able to generate independent PDF reports for each month, exporting through Story mode. However, I'm not able to do this since regardless of what I filter, whenever I download the Story to PDF or even just open it in Full Screen to view, it reverts to January 2024. How can I resolve this?

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Ratier
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Let's say I'm in a folder and I select July 2023.
Let's also say that I have no stories made in my apllication
As I enter the Story Mode with this filter set and then immediately return to folder, the filters set stays the same. Good, that's what I want.

As I select at least 1 "Real-time data folder" as a slide in my story, the selected filter becames locked.
So for exemple, i'm creating my story without undoing the July 2023 selection.
As a I return to the folder and select January 2024 and then return to the Story Mode, my Story automatically changes back the filters to July 2023.

I do not want any automatic changes! How do I revert that?