Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlyPharma
Contributor II
Contributor II

Use Filters at the Same time as Set Analysis

Hello 🙂

Is it possible to use Filters in combination with set analysis?

I created two states so that I can plot a graph using one parameter and colour the graph using a second parameter:

CarlyPharma_0-1602260890663.png

This works well but now the filters to alter date and batch number do not work.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you!

Carly 

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarlyPharma
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The issue was solved by changing the alternate state in the filters to match with the line plotted on the  graph

Thank you! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

Set analysis works on top of the filtered data set.  it further reduces the filtered data set based on the expression phrases used to limit fields in the set analysis.  however, when your set analysis fields overlap with your filters, the set analysis wins out.  if you have a filter for PROD = PROD1, PROD2, PROD3, and in your set analysis, you have the clause PROD={'PROD1','PROD'2}, then the filter will be ignored.
i suggest check if you do have overlapping fields in teh filters and set analysis, if you do then you should take a slightly diff approach.  depending on your situation, you can create a duplicate filed (named diff) in your load script, say 

load ...
       PROD,
       PROD as %PROD,

and you can use one in set analysis and the other in the filters.  hope it works for you

CarlyPharma
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The issue was solved by changing the alternate state in the filters to match with the line plotted on the  graph

Thank you! 🙂