cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Created Master Dimension in Color Expression

Hi All,

I have created Master Item for Dimension. I want to use this Dimension master item in color code by expression. Dimension Master item is not getting recognized in color code expression. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Maheen

vCreaTek

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I don't think any of the Master Items (Dimensions & Measures) can be referenced in any of the formulas. It would make a nice Idea, i.e. a suggestion for a future development.

For now, you need to use the actual field names or calculations in formulas. If you need to use the same calculation several times, you can store the calculation in a variable and then reference the variable in a $-sign expansion. For example:

vMasterDim = 'IF(A=B, 'Good', 'Bad')

Color Expression:

IF( '$(vMasterDim)' = 'Good', Green(), Red())

This is overly simplified, of course, but it should get the message across.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Milan, Italy and Austin, TX!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I don't think any of the Master Items (Dimensions & Measures) can be referenced in any of the formulas. It would make a nice Idea, i.e. a suggestion for a future development.

For now, you need to use the actual field names or calculations in formulas. If you need to use the same calculation several times, you can store the calculation in a variable and then reference the variable in a $-sign expansion. For example:

vMasterDim = 'IF(A=B, 'Good', 'Bad')

Color Expression:

IF( '$(vMasterDim)' = 'Good', Green(), Red())

This is overly simplified, of course, but it should get the message across.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Milan, Italy and Austin, TX!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Oleg Troyansky,

Thanks for the help. Using Variables helped to solve the problem. It will be good if we can use Master Dimensions directly for Calculations. Hope Qlik will develop this feature in future versions.

Regards,

Maheen

vCreaTek