Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samiullah
Contributor
Contributor

Using KPI chart from Sheet1 to navigate to Sheet2 based on a condition

Hi, I am using Qlik Sense Enterprise in my company and have been managing few dashboards.

I am new to Qlik and would like to make an enhancement to our Qlik dashboard.

In one of our dashboards, i have 2 sheets.

Sheet 1 contains a set of filters on the top row, few KPI charts below the filters (each KPI chart has its own expression to show numbers based on certain conditions) and below the KPI's i have few pie/bar charts.

Sheet 2 has a table chart with 30+ columns which shows the actual raw data of the graphs in sheet 1.

If i click on a particular KPI chart in sheet 1, i want sheet 2 to popup and show only the raw data pertaining to the KPI which i had clicked on.

I am able to establish a link between each KPI and sheet2. However, sheet 2 always shows the entire raw data instead of showing the raw data for just the KPI i had selected.

I tried searching through this community was not able to find an appropriate solution. In some cases i found a *.qvw version but i am not able to import it as we use Qlik Sense Enterprise which only supports *.qvf and we do not have Qlik Desktop version.

Can someone please assist.

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Sabrina_V
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

what object did you use ? When you click on the KPI1, I think you just add the action navigate to sheet 2. You need to add action with selections on fields ...

Samiullah
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your response, Sabrina.

I am not using an object here. Instead, I have multiple KPI's charts which have an individual expressions to show a KPI numbers based on unique calculations for each KPI. Hope this answers your question.

As I am relatively new to Qlik, I recently came to know about the option to navigate to a different sheet by double clicking on a KPI chart. So yes, you are right to say that I have only set a navigation using the Link to Sheet option under Appearance > Presentation. Also, I would like to point that the table chart that I am using will have the same fields irrespective of the expression used in each KPI. When I click the KPI to navigate to Sheet2, I only want the number of rows in the table to change based on the expression used in that corresponding KPI. However, iIam not sure how to accomplish this.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sabrina_V
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

When you click on you KPI, do you have any selections wich appears on the top oh the sheet ? I think this is the problem

Samiullah
Contributor
Contributor
Author

By default, there is no selection in any of the filter pane's that I have setup but the KPI will display a number based on the expression used even if there are no selections.

If any of our users make a selection in one of the filter's, the KPI numbers will change based on the selection.

Irrespective of whether a filter is applied or not, I am looking to see if the table chart in Sheet2 can be customized to show only the records that are related to the KPI which I clicked in Sheet1

Sabrina_V
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Can you give a picture of your dashboard ? When you talk about KPI do you refer to the object KPI or some text objec t?

Samiullah
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Samiullah_0-1676566072187.png

I am referring to the KPI option under charts (like I said, I am relatively new to Qlik so not sure if I am using the wrong words to describe the KPI chart). Above screenshot is of the filters and KPI charts used in my dashboard.

Sabrina_V
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Clicking on that no doing the selections. Click on a KPI in a table does the job but not a KPI Object