Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SparkyMarky
Contributor
Contributor

Variable Input - Default Value?

Hi,

A request came from a client who wants to know if I can set default values for two Dashboard Bundle Variable Input objects. The dynamic values displayed are a range of months. For one variable input, I want to default it to the prior month, and for the other variable input, I want to default it to the current month. 

Thank you

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SparkyMarky
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi again,

Thank you for your quick responses. I just got back to this project so sorry for a delayed response.

I ended up setting the variables in the load script. I found the max and 2nd max dates in the data and then did a LET = peek() of each and assigned these to the variables.

After the load, the variable objects were set correctly.

Regards,

Mark

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

This should be possible by defining your Variable from the window in the Asset panel using an expression beginning with = to ensure that this is defined to store this result.

balabhaskarqlik

In the variables, try like this:

For current month : Max(Month) or Maxstring(Month).

Previous month: Addmonths(Max(Month),-1) or Max(Month,2).

SparkyMarky
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi again,

Thank you for your quick responses. I just got back to this project so sorry for a delayed response.

I ended up setting the variables in the load script. I found the max and 2nd max dates in the data and then did a LET = peek() of each and assigned these to the variables.

After the load, the variable objects were set correctly.

Regards,

Mark