Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haarika
Partner - Contributor III

% YTD Share of Top 20 Customers

Hi All,

I want to display the YTD Share % of top 20 customers in a qliksense app and I am using the below expression.

however, this throws an error in the set analysis used in the rank function which is mentioned as 

Error in set modifier adhoc element list: ',' or ')' expected

Expression:

sum({<[Name]={"=rank(Sum({<[MY]={">=$(=date(YearStart(max([MY])),'MMM YYYY')) <=$(=(max([MY])))"}>}[Sales]))<=$(vTop)"}>}[Sales])
/
Sum({<[MY]={">=$(=date(YearStart(max([MY])),'MMM YYYY')) <=$(=(max([MY])))"}>}[Sales])

@Kushal_Chawda , @sunny_talwar Could you please suggest any solution to overcome this issue?

Many thanks !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Haarika
Author

@sunny_talwar , the expression mentioned below works perfect. Thank you 🙂

Correct expression :

sum(Aggr(If(Rank(Sum({<[MY] = {">=$(=date(YearStart(max([MY])),'MMM YYYY')) <=$(=(max([MY])))"}>}[Sales])) <= $(vTop),Sum({<[MY] = {">=$(=date(YearStart(max([MY])),'MMM YYYY')) <=$(=(max([MY])))"}>}[Sales])), [Name]))
/
Sum({<[MY]={">=$(=date(YearStart(max([MY])),'MMM YYYY')) <=$(=(max([MY])))"}>}[Sales])

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this @Haarika 

Sum({<[Name] = {"=rank(Sum({<[MY] = {"">=$(=Date(YearStart(Max([MY])), 'MMM YYYY'))<=$(=Max([MY]))""}>} [Sales]))<=$(vTop)"}>} [Sales])
/
Sum({<[MY] = {">=$(=Date(YearStart(Max([MY])), 'MMM YYYY'))<=$(=Max([MY]))"}>} [Sales])
Haarika
Author

hey @sunny_talwar , this expression doesnt throw any error, however it doesnt produce the correct result. instead of giving me YTD value it gives the overall value 😞

sunny_talwar

@Haarika expression looks okay to me, would you be able to create a new chart where you add name as a dimension and 

=rank(Sum({<[MY] = {">=$(=Date(YearStart(Max([MY])), 'MMM YYYY'))<=$(=Max([MY]))"}>} [Sales]))

as your expression to see what you get

Haarika
Author

@sunny_talwar , this expression works perfectly fine when shown against the 'Name' dimension in a chart. but what im trying to do is to display the % YTD share of top 20 customers in a kpi object and thats where im facing this issue.

sunny_talwar

@Haarika I understand the issue, I am just trying to break down the expression and see what isn't working. Would you be able to provide a sample to look at this? feel free to email

Kushal_Chawda

@Haarika  also try below

sum({<[Name]={"=rank(Sum({<[MY]={">=$(=date(YearStart(max([MY])),'MMM YYYY'))<=$(=date(max([MY]),'MMM YYYY'))"}>}[Sales]))<=$(vTop)"}>}[Sales])
/
Sum({<[MY]={">=$(=date(YearStart(max([MY])),'MMM YYYY'))<=$(=date(max([MY]),'MMM YYYY'))"}>}[Sales])

Haarika
Author

@Kushal_Chawda  doesnt work 😞

Haarika
Author

@sunny_talwar , the expression mentioned below works perfect. Thank you 🙂

Correct expression :

sum(Aggr(If(Rank(Sum({<[MY] = {">=$(=date(YearStart(max([MY])),'MMM YYYY')) <=$(=(max([MY])))"}>}[Sales])) <= $(vTop),Sum({<[MY] = {">=$(=date(YearStart(max([MY])),'MMM YYYY')) <=$(=(max([MY])))"}>}[Sales])), [Name]))
/

sunny_talwar

@Haarika I am glad this worked, but I am still unsure why the other one didn't work. Anyways I am glad you got what you wanted.