Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III

how to make filter in table using Qlik Sense

I am using Sense and have a table (Option) with only field where the user must select his choice (Direct or Internet)

In this sheet I have a straight (can be Pivot) table that shows Sales data and I have to exclude some lines of this table based on the user choice.

Considering that Sales table has a field called Type_of_Sales with the same options (Direct or Internet). How can I make this filter, considering that I cannot put Type_of_Sales field direct to the user makes the selection?

7 Replies
ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Robson,

Did you mean it?

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

You can then choose to either alternate or excluded values.

Regards,

Andrey

rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

sorry but it is not this my problem. Imagine that you have a straigh table that is not linked to this selection you made, but you need exclude some lines based on a second field that will have the same content that you selected in Dimension1. How would you do that?

rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Here is an image of what I need.

In SelectOption you can choose Yes or No

So in below table I must show only the lines where Status content = SelectOption content. How can I do this? I imagine that set analysis can solve but I am not getting the correct syntax

screen shot.jpg

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Robson,

Can so, as in the attached file?

Regards,

Andrey

rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

You made a simple association. What I want is with a secondary table where Status is a different field without any association. See attached please

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Robson,

Your question has already been resolved

How can a selection reflects to another using Sense?

Regards,

Andrey

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Robson,

Out of curiosity brought his solution to the end (in the attached file). The selection is transmitted to the variable, which is then used in expression Set Analisys.

Thank you for the idea of using "data island" for selections.

Regards,

Andrey